Here are suggested guidelines from the publishing industry:
* All manuscripts must be typed on 8½ ” x 11” white paper.
* Font: Use 12-point Courier or Times New Roman. Avoid elaborate or script-type styles.
* Pages should be numbered consecutively.
* Double space all manuscripts.
* Margins: The default margin settings that automatically appear in any Microsoft Word document
are acceptable. If you’re using some other word processor, need to set margins manually, they
should be set at 1 inch on each side of the paper.
* Print manuscripts in black ink only.
The format of the first page MIGHT look something like this:
For more detailed instructions, consult one of the books written on the subject, such as Formatting and Submitting your Manuscript by Chuck Sambuchino.