There are few better opportunities to take advantage of at a writing workshop than the chance to have an acquiring editor or agent or experienced author give you feedback on your own writing. With that in mind we have added a 20 minute one-on-one manuscript evaluation option for registered attendees only, which you can sign up for on our Eventbrite Registration page for an additional $100.
Your assigned appointment time will be in your registration packet which you’ll receive at general registration on Friday, June 14th, 2013.
The feedback you receive will assume you have mastered the basics, as this is an Advanced Writing Workshop, and will be focused on how to take your writing to a publishable level.
Please be sure to read the following carefully before submitting your manuscript. Manuscripts that do not follow these guidelines will not be accepted.
Guidelines for submission are as follows:
* You must register for the conference before you submit your manuscript. To verify your conference registration, forward a copy of your confirmation email with your manuscript.
* Your manuscript must ARRIVE in our inbox ON or BEFORE June 1st. Manuscripts received after June 1st cannot be accepted.
Send your submission as a Word .doc or .rtf to:
* Format ALL manuscripts in a 12-point Times New Roman or Courier font. If you are unsure about formatting read Formatting Your Manuscript.
ALL submissions must include a title page with your contact information in the upper left hand corner as well as the genre of your manuscript (YA, MG, PB, Chapter Book, NF). If you are represented by an agent, please note that on the title page as well. * The title page does NOT count as one of your fifteen pages.
* The name on your manuscript must match the name you registered under even if you write under a pseudonym.
Submit only the first FIFTEEN (15) pages of your manuscript, even if it cuts off mid-chapter.
* You MUST include a one page single-spaced synopsis, detailing the beginning, middle, and end of your story, or we cannot accept your submission. Even if you think the story may change later, this gives us a clear view of what you’re trying to achieve and provides an opportunity to brainstorm with an industry professional.
* Your submission does not have to be from a completed manuscript.
We have an extraordinarily high-powered faculty of agents, acquiring editors, and experienced authors ready and waiting to read your work, so put your best foot forward and good luck!